Thursday, August 2, 2012

CS3216-What I want to learn???


What I want to learn from cs3216

1.   How to build real software that can facilitate people`s life
I have been learning programming for 2 years so I want to build some applications can be used in people`s life instead of only on my computer. In cs2103 or other project module what we build is main about the course requirement. While in this module, we can build what we like to achieve our childhood dream. For me, like many other boys I like playing games like War3, Diablo. So I want to build next generation great games and cs3216 is the start point of my dream. This is the main reason for me to take this course.

2.   Learn the latest technology about software engineering
In these years, IT world grows so fast that a lot of new items attract us like cloud, win8 metro, html5. So I really want to learn these new technologies in cs3216. I think I made a correct choice and I will get a lot with self-learning and the help from Facebook, Microsoft staff and our lovely tutors and Colin ^^

3.   Improve my communication skill and teamwork in team project
Since I did several team projects, I found teamwork is really important. I want to improve my communication skills with different group members from different countries. Also team programming is totally different from individual programming, so I can do more practice in cs3216 about team programming.

4.   Practice my programming skill
Basic programming is the core of a programmer. So I need to keep coding to improve my basic knowledge of programming. Also I want to implement some algorithms and patterns I learnt outside class.

5     Improve my business thinking
To make a product, we need to make them successful; they must satisfy users` needs and build something they want but not exist and something they even don’t know they want. So I need to learn how to get a perfect idea during this course with other people from faculties.

1 comment:

  1. I think it will be pretty awesome to see what game you come up with. :D

    - Colin.

    ReplyDelete